Last week’s class was golden. Tons of great and info and stuff to think about.
We had a presentation by organization consultant, Dawn Brennan. Some of the things she brought up included:
- Defining core personal values. For example, hers include Art, Community, Service and Fun. Mine include Creativity, Learning and Sharing
- Defining a mission = core purpose, the “why”
- Building consensus – the foundation of decision-making and moving forward. Consensus as a value is egalitarian, inclusive and collaborative.
- Have a conversation – the way to build consensus and to grow.
- Get diverse people around the table
- Who is your ‘customer’? (primary and secondary) and more of Drucker’s 5 Questions.
Brennan’s work is informed by the work of Marvin Weisbord, Peter Block & Peter Drucker.
A lot of this needs definitely warrants more discussion. When I have more time!